Care Financials

Critical Illness Cover

Critical Illness Insurance

With increasing healthcare costs, you must have a backup plan for an uninvited critical illness. Such illnesses demand multiple hospital visits with the additional charge of doctors’ fees and medication costs; this is where a critical illness cover comes in handy. 

This insurance will provide you with one-time finance in the case of a severe health issue, which you can utilise for overall medical treatments that you may not be able to cover with your primary salary. This cover includes hospital and doctor’s bills and extra care such as the transformation of your residence or even compensating for your mortgage.

The illnesses covered through this insurance are usually long-term and severe illnesses such as heart-related diseases, loss of a body part, cancer or even Parkinson’s disease. Our expert financial advisors at Care Financial Services will go through every detail with you providing you with all the necessary information that suits your case the best. 

We make it our duty to help each of our clients individually, ensuring we meet their personal needs to find the perfect policy to help them with any medical emergency in the future. So please feel free to leave it to us. 

Benefits of Critical Illness Insurance

In today’s day and age, healthcare has become increasingly expensive, which has made having insurance more of a need than a choice.

Even if you have a slight cold, a few days of being ill can lead to a long doctor’s bill, which can directly affect the standard of your lifestyle. That is why it is best to apply for such insurance before it’s too late. A critical illness cover can be purchased individually or through your current employer. Many jobs offer healthcare insurance as a job incentive as well. You can also get this insurance by adding it to your existing life insurance plan, which can be more affordable. 

The critical illness cover has several policies which can cover your circumstances. In the past, this insurance was only limited to heart-related issues but now has expanded to other healthcare areas such as blindness, Parkinson’s and MS. 

However, if you apply for this insurance with an existing medical illness, it will not be covered by the insurance. 

One of the greatest benefits of this insurance plan is that you can use the money from your claim in several areas, such as:

  • For a medical service that might not be freely attainable. 
  • To make payments for everyday expenses such as utility bills so that you can focus on getting better instead of going to work to pay your bills.
  • To pay for transportation facilities to get to your medical centre, vehicles with retrofitting to transport medical equipment such as a wheelchair, or even installing a house lift for people who can not use stairs because of a particular illness. 
  • Patients with a terminal illness can also spend the money on vacation to relax and spend time with their loved ones. 

Giving Future To Your Living

Stress-Free Advice

Our friendly & personable advisors offer you a free impartial mortgage advisory service from start to finish.

Market Flexibility

We ensure we'll find the best deal available for your circumstances regardless of which lender it comes from.

Choose your Mortgage

Our experienced financial advisors compare over numerous products to find the one best suited to your needs.

Quick and Simple

We can avoid many of the delays often encountered when searching for your own loans and get things processed quickly.

How Can Care Financial Services Help?

At Care Financial Services, we understand the worry that comes with a critical illness. Although most of us avoid this topic at the end of the day, it is always best to be safe than sorry. Our team comprises some of the best specialist financial advisors in the country who will explain every detail to you and answer any questions you may have about the cover.  We also have a solid connection with some of the most prestigious banks in the country with whom we can find you the perfect policy to suit your circumstances. So please pick up the phone today and get your free financial advice consolation and let’s move forward towards a brighter future together. 

Frequently Ask Questions

If you have a question that deals with clients, customers or the public in general, there is bound to be a need for the FAQ page.


  • You must be a resident of England. 
  • the upper age limit for this insurance is 67 years old with a minimum of two years term length.
  • The maximum length of your insurance policy is 50 years, and it must end when you turn 75. 

In a critical illness cover, each client is looked at individually, which means the above conditions may differ from person to person. Learn more about how to qualify for this coverage by contacting Care Financial Services and letting one of our experts review your case so that we can further guide you in the best possible way. 

The costs of this insurance policy may be different for each individual. Below we have listed the factors that may affect the cost of your insurance: 

  • Age – If you apply for a critical illness cover at an older age, you may have to pay more as the chances of getting sick increase at an older age. 
  • Health – You may pay less to get insured if you are in good health. 
  • Job – The insurance may be more costly for you if you are doing a risky job for a living. 
  • Hobbies/lifestyle – It may cost you more if you participate in dangerous hobbies or if your lifestyle includes activities such as smoking or alcohol regularly. 

We are aware that life changes and your life situations may vary in the future. For this purpose, you can change your insurance coverage to adapt to your needs. For example, you may want to move into a bigger house or start a family, which will mean that you will require more financial protection. The critical illness cover can be increased whenever you want that, too, without having to take any medical examinations, which makes the process much more straightforward and carefree. 

The critical illness cover is a way to take the burden off your shoulder in a medical emergency. However, because a lot of finance is involved in the process, it’s essential to be educated about the tax implications. Below we have listed some scenarios to help you with your taxation plan: 

  • If you take up all the costs of the cover yourself

If you take up all the cost of your insurance yourself, all your payouts will be labelled tax-free in the HMRC records; this will be because of the finance you used to pay for your critical illness cover. 

  • When your employer pays your premiums: 

If your employer covers the entire cost of your cover, then any payout you recurve will be taxed fully by PAYE. The employer will be allowed to claim tax relief for paying for your insurance cover. 

  • If both you and your employer share the costs of your insurance

In the case of shared cover payments, the amount you contribute to the cover will be tax-free on your payouts. For example, if you paid 75% of the cover and your employer paid for the remaining 25%, then the first 75% of your payout will be marked as tax-free, while PAYE will tax the remaining 25%. 

To make a critical illness claim, you will need to provide: 

  • Details of your illness 
  • Reference details of your doctor or medical centre
  • policy number (listed on direct debit)

After you have provided this information, we will examine your medical records through a consultation with your doctor and medical centre and by checking your GP details. You will then be sent some form to sign, which can be received via email or post. You must continue to pay premiums while your claim is being assessed. It is important to remember that each claim is addressed individually, and your claim handler can clear all your queries. 


The content on this page is based on our understanding and knowledge at the time of publication. It may be subject to change and may not be applicable to your circumstances, so should not be relied upon. Please contact us if you require further information about the content included on this page.

Contact us